- Space Entertainment
- Food for Earth
- Early stage
- First launch
- Not announced
- To keep the beer affordable, only a small fraction of the ingredients needs to be in space as the expected result can be already experienced with a small amount.
- Therefore, we launch hops, as they are the most iconic ingredient in beer. Initially, the hops will be launched onboard a sounding rocket to space where they will experience the regime of space for a few minutes, before returning back to Earth using a parachute.
- This small portion of hops will then be incorporated into space themed beer at European and American craft breweries. During a trial experiment, performed in the United States, with Celestial Beerworks of Dallas, Texas, the beer release party was combined with a presentation by the rocket launch provider (EXOS Aerospace) on the mission, the technology behind it, and to overall increase awareness and excitement for space.
- Celestial was immediately sold out of their batch of space beer, and the public provided strong positive feedback in their enjoyment of not only the beer, but the outreach program that came with it.
- The plan is to release an Indian Pale Ale and Imperial Stout (to mimic the black expanse of space). Each batch will be brewed using a portion of hops from a dedicated mission which is indicated on the bottle. The beer is then sold and distributed through Germany, Europe and the United States.