Product/Service - StarMax
- Space Stations & Habitats
- Commercial Space Station
Commercial ISS Module
- Commercial ISS Module
- First launch
StarMax is a flexible-use space station module designed to be a key building block for next generation commercial space stations. With a diameter of 7.6m, a height of 9.8m, and a volume of 400m³, the StarMax possesses nearly half the volume of the ISS in one module. The StarMax form factor is designed to come in a variety of diameters, which will allow it to fit on most next generation launch vehicles.
- StarMax’s rigid body allows it to be outfitted with internal systems and accommodations on the ground, and can also have exterior systems like solar panels, radiators and additional payloads all set up before launching to space.
- Complete with flexible docking and berthing systems, its modular design enables endless possibilities for configuration. StarMax’s exterior hull is composed of thick-gauge aluminum, which gives it the highest safety factor of any human-rated spacecraft.
- Other than habitation, the StarMax can be outfitted for many use cases including as a propellant depot, a spacecraft ‘garage’ and a manufacturing and science laboratory.
- The StarMax platform is quite versatile because it’s designed to be a building block for space stations and other space infrastructure.
Gravitics has selected mPower Technology, Inc.’s DragonSCALES as the solar power solution for our StarMax space station modules. DragonSCALES solar modules are composed of a completely flexible, lightweight, debris-resistant, and interconnected mesh of high-efficiency silicone solar cells.