Initiator of a system for On-Orbit Servicing Named HERMES, aiming to kick-start the On-Orbit Servicing (OOS) industry in Europe.
Service - Hermes
- In-Space Transportation
- On-Orbit Servicing
- 5) Concept
- First launch
GEORING has invented and is pursuing deployment of a 5 element system to enable efficient deployment and delivery of a series of services on orbit. Some of these services apply to existing satellites but the full spectrum to the future satellites.
Core elements of the HERMES OOS system are
- the HERMES tanker spacecraft which stores propellant,
- the catcher-transporter spacecraft which performs missions from the tanker to the satellites and
- the inspector spacecraft which performs inspection on targets as well as assists in docking operations.
- Additionally a strap-on sub-spacecraft named Engine-Module (commercial name KINITRON) has been designed to perform routine station keeping of old satellites and
- a family of special Apogee Kick Motors has been defined to transport spacecraft in high thrust demanding missions.